NJALO




I stole your heart like an Italian classic on display
in the glass shops in the uptown Milan streets to a thirsty window shopper
a renowned designers piece on the runway of London fashion week
I used to be in your closet
Now I rest in your bin
A daily preference
Now even a second not
From your bed to your door step
We wake up from dreams, tragic ones too
Magic is black, sometimes
No promised fairy dreams
But on empty roads we haste in search of
In jungles we roar amidst the fright inside
In crowds we make way to find
In this same pool we swim
The potential to drown equals to walk on
So we buoy on with hope and faith
As long as our strokes can hold us
Sing me a love song, a sweet one with that dove love magical voice
Before the candle goes off and my spirit "dies out"
Before I am donated to a faraway land
To a pig sty, a farmers soiled shoulders
Maybe a lumberjacks oily patched ribs
From Louis Vuitton, Gucci or Fendi fumes
to bushy sweaty armpits
SOMETIMES time means nothing but LOVE does
maybe I didn't trust myself but I never doubted you
rags of riches, the street kid loves me because am his only
How I couldn't fit in your wardrobe even for
one more day
I still wonder
out of the mind out of the closet
expensive weddings now tales
glam glossy runways
now dusty sacks on shambly shacks
in an old cobblers store
this now very rugged fabric I am...
NJALO WHY?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHITE CHRISTMAS