THE HUMMINGBIRD’S SONG



Early in the wee morning I sing,

I sing with joy,

Joy from deep within the heart,

A heartfelt love for the new day.

I sing the hummingbirds song , I sing like an Indian  goddess.



In the midmorning I sing,

 I sing as I peck on aphids,
Aphids that fill my stomach and give me renewed strength,

Strength that replenishes my soul.

I sing the hummingbirds song I sing like an Indian goddess.



In the midday sun I sing,

I sing as I dip my beak deep down the beautiful flowers for nectar,

Nectar that reminds me the sweetness and essence of life,

Life that every creature desires.

I sing the hummingbirds, song I sing like an Indian goddess.



In the afternoon heat I sing,

I sing as I flap my bright beautiful wings in a pool to cool my body,

My body that dances with joy on the branches,

Branches unfamiliar but that I still call home.

I sing the hummingbirds song, I sing like an Indian goddess.



In the evening I sing,

I sing in the nest and praise,

Praise for the days life and the days blessings,

Blessings that I have seen sunrise and sunset too, and I tomorrow I hope too.

I sing the hummingbirds song I sing like an Indian  goddess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHITE CHRISTMAS