CITY GARBAGE COLLECTOR

Do not despise me,
Do not cover your nose
And spit when you see me
Am just a city garbage collector looking for bread for my table

My clothes are tattered but not my mind
I eat dirt with my mouth but not my soul
My body sleeps in the cold wild but not my heart
Am just a city garbage collector I live I have a life too

Poor pay, poor healthcare, poor education
Poor housing, poor security, poor infrastructure
Poverty poverty, cheap politics, cheap thoughts, cheap life
Am just a city garbage collector, I have a voice I am human

You raise my taxes then raise your pay
In swampy deals and scandals you swim
The law, the vice you use to blindfold, bind and intimdate us
 Am just a city garbage collector, I have a voice



26/7/17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHITE CHRISTMAS