The Love Alchemist


The presence of her goddess essence was beyond magnificence that it made the eye forget to blink

The only definition of beauty I knew and could ever imagine of

Amidst all creation of the infinite universe

Her thought turned my head a whirlwind

As the musical voice sent my soul to unexplored lands and galaxies

to empty lonely balconies on beach fronts

Her sinful velvet touch was no match

Gentle as pooh bears fur on the dark, seasoned, leather-tough Bantu skin

Her heart was bigger than the world vibrant like the evil West African drums 

I could hear it beat under my rib cage

As her broad pretty smile envied by the rainbow kept messing up my OS

like a Chinese virus infested gadget.

Hers was genuine, timeless

 and priceless like a pirates map to the secret riches

I was falling, falling deeper

Not scared to get hurt

For I saw no end to where I was falling

love was a fairy tale yet to be told to the world

eagerly awaiting with an open ear

her absence was such a big vacuum none could ever fill

and a thought cursed and never ever provoked

Not even a wandering meteorite could trigger such awe

This complex mathematical and chemical equation with no err she completed and accurately balanced 

The Alchemists magic few could fathom 

She taught me spirituality

I had to believe in angels

she was heaven, the way she overflowed with unprecedented goodness

Love was solid like ice, rock

A fire burning me up all night scolding the cold away

as if turning lead to gold

The bond between us reminded me of organic chemistry

If she were my teacher I would have been a Guru

She was the dream at night and the daytime fantasy

She was life, the reason I lived and why I was meant to be

Her body language got me high off  the clouds

Like an LSD lover




Now these rehabs can’t reform me

What fragmented sanity and melted reality

Smoked  emotions…

Am an empty sardine can, a dry rotten plank floating in the middle of an unknown ocean

I hope this waves take me back to the shore

Where I used to belong

Maybe the pain of losing this gamble

Will dissolve into thick airs and

And alone I won’t choke

I shouldn’t have loved

I would have found peace

this very minute am struggling to survive this love malady

I was unskeptical swallowing whole

And killing the medics

A poor mortal robbed of his heart

I hope poverty curses me hard for not making a thing out of my rich heart

The heart is heavy, 

heavier than the heaviest word ever heard

Heavier than the world too

The mind is full

Full to fill even the deepest abyss

But the hand is light

So is the piece of paper too

Let the ink flow

And the piece of paper bear this weight

That, I hope it does

Let time pass, let me grow

Hopefully, let me know

for the conscience to glow

And this thoughts like the Nile to flow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHITE CHRISTMAS