SANE MAN


Hey over there

Look at me waving at you

I see you mumbling to yourself in dirty tattered clothes

Are you speaking to your soul maybe?

Sometimes quarreling the whispering trees

I wonder why? Or you heard them gossip harshly about you behind your back?

But maybe they don’t sway in the right manner they are supposed to

Like a naughty campus girl in a short loose skirt with a hot intention on a freezing Friday noon down the hallway

Those bugs .. .how do you live with them? Don’t they bite you?

They look fat, you must be healthy and full of nutrients

Maybe you just an extreme insect lover while I am the phobic here




And what is that you eat?

How are your intestines comfortable with that?

Do they have eyes like mine? Do they see?

Don’t tell me they don’t have a voice

Mine have the usual trippy feminine sensitivity

Sometimes the growls would tell you I ate lions

Yet I only was at TACO BELL, KFC and DOMINOS

Nothing else apart from tasting Suzie’s SUBWAY  foot long, salad  and the latte from 
STARBUCKS in the morning at the office too

Yesterday before the thundering heavy downpour

 Saw you cuddle for warmth beside your precious dirty sack on the verandah

Is that all your wealth?… You  look comfortable

You own nothing and yet don’t want everything    

So selective, picking this and throwing that,
times not,
Everywhere and  anywhere can be your home

I guess that’s why I see you everywhere in town

A wanderer , you still don’t know what you search for in life

Just like I, maybe  am not sane too




Now look at me, listen to me  buddy

Teach me the secrets of  happiness

For you look less troubled

Not mindful of anything else but you

Your head, your world

If you could get angry, what would it be at?

Sanity right?

Would this madness  tell you to throw a stick at a dog?

No I don’t think so maybe the sane do

Please familiarize me with the code of your tongue

 How to listen and whisper to the winds

And how to step on thorn and broken glass bare feet and still not hurt

I might be mad thinking you the one mad

What happened to the brain in your skull?

Could we exchange our heads for a minute?

I just want to feel  how it is for a mortal to be sane


Or if its true that only our degrees vary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHITE CHRISTMAS